Drexel University English Language Center
Interested in Drexel University English Language Center?
or visit http://www.drexel.edu/elc
Drexel ELC is located on the campus of Drexel University in beautiful, historic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We offer Intensive English and Business English courses; undergraduate conditional admission to Drexel University through the International Gateway program; and bridge programs to other area institutions without TOEFL.
Admission to the International Gateway program, which includes up to 17 university credits in addition to English language classes, is available to academically qualified students with TOEFL scores of 53 – 70 or IELTS scores of 5.0 – 5.5 in the fall term.
The ELC has six levels of Intensive English and a Global Business English program in 11-week and 6-week terms year round. There are 18 hours of required classes per week plus optional tutoring sessions. All ELC courses include a weekly activities program, free access to university facilities, scholarships for continuing students, a Conversation Network program, and academic advising. Housing choices include on-campus residence halls, off-campus residences, and family homestays.
Founded in 1891, Drexel University is the second largest private institution of higher education in Philadelphia. Drexel offers over 70 undergraduate majors in engineering, health sciences, information science, media arts, business, and humanities. The school is recognized particularly for its excellence in cooperative education (co-op), where students alternate periods of full-time employment with their studies.
The country's sixth largest city and home to over 50 colleges and universities, Philadelphia is about 2 hours by car from mountains, seashore, New York City, and Washington, DC. "Philly" offers students many exciting cultural, recreational, and entertainment opportunities.
Tuition and Fees
- No information available
- No information available
- Application Fee: 100
- Application Website: http://www.drexel.edu/elc
- Tests Required for International Students: TOEFL, IELTS, or other standardized tests required for conditional undergraduate admission. Graduate students: see requirements by school or college on website.
- Setting: Urban
- City Size: Large
- Type of School: University
- Public/Private: Private
- Gender: Co-ed
- Calendar: Quarter
- Services for International Students: On-campus Summer Housing, English as a Second Language Program, Intensive English, International Student Advisor, Special International Student Orientation Program
- 229 N. 33rd Street
- Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Admissions Contact Name: Ann Aldrich, Marketing & Recruiting Coordinator